ART NEWS IN THE WORLD OF MYKONOS
Sharing art provides inspiration. Here are the upcoming exhibitions for July, at Mykonos’ top galleries, that will fuel our mind and satisfy our constant search for beauty.
You can start counting: A “Born Wild” french sculptor; a sophisticated expressionist; a postwar and contemporary Belgian painter; an artist whose body of work is based on improvisation and imagination; a passionate art, fashion and surf lover; an Amsterdam-based sculptor and painter; and a selected group of contemporary Greek artists who reinvent ancient symbols and myths, combined with today’s popular culture.
What do these established artists have in common? Besides their huge range of creativeness, they have Mykonos island as a creative and unique platform. Four outstanding galleries will host in July the most incredible exhibitions.
And “All About Mykonos” picked out the art scene’s hottest names. So, save the dates.
Dio Horia Art Gallery
- Solo show, “Those Little Things” of Javier Calleja (till July 24).
Kapopoulos Fine Arts
- Cédric Bouteiller, solo show (12-18 July)
- Richard Orlinski, solo show (19-25 July)
- Caroline De Souza, solo show (5-10 July)
(from left) Cédric Bouteiller, Richard Orlinski, Caroline De Souza.
- Adam Handler, solo show (1-15 July)
- Jan De Vliegher, solo show (16-30 July)
(from left) Adam Handler, Jan De Vliegher.
HOFA Gallery Mykonos
- “All I Ever Wanted Was Everything”, Joseph Klibansky, solo show (1 July-1 August)
Skoufa Gallery Mykonos
- “Unfortunately, Zeus was feeling horny…” Opening: 13 July.
Artists: Alexandros Maganiotis, Konstantinos Patsios, Stamatis Theoharis, Nikos Giavropoulos introduces “Pop ar(t)-chaology”.